I have so much pulled pork in my freezer. Today I decided to try to get rid of some of it by utilizing the pulled pork in a couple of taco recipes. A traditional taco with salsa advocado and cheese and an fusion influenced taco with Asian slaw, pickled red onions and Red Dragon Sauce aka Momofuku style all on a flour tortilla.
Asian Cabbage Slaw
6 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup thinly sliced scallions
½ cup rough chopped cilantro
4 Tbsp Kochujang paste
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1 Tbsp minced garlic
salt & pepper to taste
1. Make the marinade soy sauce, sugar, garlic, scallions, black pepper, sesame oil in a mixing bowl. Whisk until the sugar granules dissolve and set aside.
2. Mix kochujang paste, garlic, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sesame seeds
3. Toss shredded cabbage, scallions, cilantro with kochujang mixture
4. Add salt & pepper to taste and set aside, allowing the flavors to marry.
5. Brush a little bit of olive oil on tortilla and warm in a pan or the oven.
6. Assemble the tacos by adding meat to the tortillas and top off with the spicy Korean/Asian slaw
Pickled Red Onions
1 medium to large red onion sliced into thin rings
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
pinch of ground black pepper
Mix allo ingredient and refrigerate for at lest 2 hours. Will last for at least a couple of weeks or more refrigerated.