Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bakersfield BBQ Competition May 2011

This was the first competition I have done solo which means cooking all the four meats (chicken, ribs, pork shoulder and brisket) myself. Bakersfield's Biggest Baddest BBQ Championship 2011 proved to be a fantastic experience in that the judges scored me (Four Q) a 3rd in pork, 8th in chicken and a 10th in brisket for an overall 5th place out of 43 teams competing. (We won't talk about the ribs.)


3rd Place Pork trophy and certificates for 8th chicken and 10th brisket. Note the size of that 3rd place trophy -huge.


Cooking on two 18 in WSMs, one 22 in WSM and a Weber Kettle
Four Q Site
Shamless photo of me taken by me

2 comments:

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

First, congratulations, I know how serious you are about your competitions and it shows. Now, how the heck did you do it all by yourself? They should give you a ribbon just for that. I'm sure were working the whole time.

I'm sorry I missed this as Bako is not too far for me to travel but I've given up FaceBook so didn't know you were so close. Someday I hope to make it to one of your competitions. They look like so much fun on TV.

Oh, do you have room for that trophy?

maltese parakeet said...

congrats!!