Sunday, February 26, 2006

Poolside In February

The weather in Los Angeles has been a bit fickle lately. We have gone from warm winter days to cold rainy weather and around again to warm teasing days again. Now rain is predicted for the next week.

Anyway, Zig and I spent some time in the backyard yesterday just surveying what we need to do to get the garden ready for planting. It's that time again. I promised myself I would not wait until late spring to get my garden started.

Ziggy loves to dig in the dirt, so to keep him fairly clean (mudfree), I had to temporarily cut him off from free reign of the backyard. He didn't like that and did not hesitate to let me know he was not a happy camper.

Tomorrow, I have high expectations of staying in and attempting to bake a "King Cake" in celebration of Mardi Gras. If all goes well, I'll have a nice cake to take to work Monday. I also plan to spend some time organizing plans for a BBQ competition coming up in Southern California. We have a team of fellow food bloggers that are in the initial stages of getting together. This is going to be fun with more info on it posted on the previous post.

Sweetnicks is hosting Weekend Dog Blogging #23

No comments: