Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Valentine's Day Cookies

Finished Cookie
Cut and Ready To Bake
Baked


First Royal Icing Coat





These cookies were prepared using the No-Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe from Kitchen Gifts.

The Royal Icing Recipe is from the meringue powder label but any of the recipes listed at Kitchen Gifts is just as good.

I roll my dough out pretty thick (1/4 inch). This makes for a sturdy cookie which can be used for a number of purposes including place settings and making cookie bouquets.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just the cookie queen, aren't you?

I'm making one of your favorites this weekend. RIBS!

Hungry?

sylvie1950 said...

Can't wait to see your post about the ribs and yes, makes me hungry.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sylvie,
Awesome decorated cookies! GeneralIy I love to put on some icing, but I often got bored over it... so the other half ended up without any decoration :)

Amy said...

Those are beautiful!

Ed Tep said...

Those look so beautiful! I can just imagine them in a cookie bouquet.