Friday, June 09, 2006

"Slicer"

I was reading a thread at the BBQ Brethern on knives yesterday. As it turned out, I had just bought a slicing knife from Surfas so this got my attention. I got a 12 inch Forschner Granton Edge Fibrox Handle Slicing Knife mainly just to complete my collection.


"Forschner's (a division of Swiss Army Brands, Inc., marketer of Victorinox Swiss Army Knives) 12" Slicing Knife with granton edge, or "kullenschiff" edge, has hollowed out grooves on the sides of the blade. These grooves fill with the fat and juices of the product being sliced, which allows for thin, even cuts without tearing or shredding the meat. The handle is a patented, slip resistant, fibrox/nylon and NSF Certified."



My primary reason for wanting this knife was to slice brisket, turkey, baked chicken ribs or whatever else needs a clean cut.

6 comments:

maltese parakeet said...

isn't surfas the best store ever?! it's like going to church for me - i get all shivery just walking in the front door. we are so lucky to live in l.a.!

sylvie1950 said...

Yes, I love it. Especially now that they are in the new store with so much more space and "stuff". I sometimes just go there to waste some time by just walking around. To add, their prices are so much better than Sur La Table or Willams and Sonoma.

WhiteTrashBBQ said...

You've been reading on the Brethren? They allow women in there?

sylvie1950 said...

Yea, I'm what they call a lurker with a can of lighter fluid and a bag of matchlight. I guess I ned to post to move up the ranks on the BBQ Brethern site.

Anonymous said...

Yes you do need to post there! MrsMista posts there but I wouldn't advise it unless you have a good sense of humor. Boys will be boys.

I like the knife. Is that like the one Luis bought at the contest from Brent and Kim Walton?

sylvie1950 said...

I'm not sure. What made me get it was when I saw Cee Cee BBQ on the Food Network Girl Grillers use one. I've used it a couple of times and it is nice. Like slicing butter.

I originally registered on BBQ Brethern so I could view the pictures. For some reason when you're a guest they prompt you to sign on first before viewing.

Once I got into the "good ole boys" humor, I was a little hesitant but then thought, Chit, they should be scared of me.