Sunday, July 30, 2006

I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours #3

I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours #3. This month, the theme is your tried-and-true recipes.

A collection of notebook binders, xerox copies of recipes, handwritten sheets, newspaper cutouts, magazine cutouts, FoodTV recipes/Internet sources, handouts from cooking classes and you have it, my tried and true collection. Not very pretty, not very organized except for by type of event, but I can find what I need whenever.

I have a binder for cookie decorating, one for holiday events, one for special event, one for BBQ and one for just general day to day recipes.

I have been collecting these recipes for nearly 20 years. One would think I should have an organized system by now. My intention when I first started
collecting recipes "Tried and True" was that I would put together a family booklet (not cookbook per se)of recipes to be used for generations to come. This is still my goal.






Cate at Sweetnicks is sponsoring this monthly event. Go check her out for this wmonths roundup. Thanks Cate.

1 comment:

barb said...

sylvie - gosh to be that organized. but now there are some ideas I can use........thanks