Friday, July 17, 2009

Smoked Pork Chops Buckboard Bacon Cured

Nearly two years ago I posted a Buckboard Bacon Cured Pork Loin prepared during the Thanksgiving holidays which expectedly resulted in slices of pork remniscent of Canadian Bacon. The picture link to that process can be found here.

Last week I began curing some bone in pork chops. The 10 day process being complete, I decided to smoke the pork chops on a 22 inch Weber kettle versus my WSM. Hi Mountain Buckbacon directions suggest smoking the meat to an internal temp of 140 degress. For the Canadian Style Bacon I followed the directions knowing these slices would be further cooked. For the pork chops, I smoked them to an internal temp of 160.


















A special meal my mother use to prepare was smoked pork chops. She didn't bother with smoking the meat. She instead purchased these from the local grocery store of the times. The chops as purchased were thin compared to the chops I cured (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick). None the less, my chops brought back those remembrances. They had a smokey flavor, tender and moist. Yum.

P.S. I got my camera battery recharger replacement. Yippee.

1 comment:

Sophie said...

Smokey, tender and moist sounds like the description for a delicious pork chop, these sound sooo flavorful!