Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Return To Bayou Grill- Inglewood, CA

Fried Oysters and Shrimp with Hush Puppies and French Fries


New Orleans, the food, the people, the culture.

I had the opportunity to visit New Orleans a number of times with the most recent visit about 2 years ago. A number of these visits were to attend a major pharmacy association convention. I spent my days in the infamous convention center soaking in the latest information- continuing education, while my evenings and nights were spent somewhere in or near the French Quarter. I remember one night sitting at the oyster bar at Acme Oyster House. They had a video cam which I unknowingly sat in front of. One of the shuckers pointed to the camera and then to me as he expalined that I was being seen on the internet. I called G in L.A. and told him to sign on. As I spoke with him a less than perfect view of me eating raw oysters appeared. What a city.

Breakfast at Mother's, beignets at Cafe Du Monde, pralines, po'boys, bananas foster, gumbo, jambalaya, red beans and rice, crawfish, etc.

A visit to Bayou Grill will have to satisfy my desire for authentic New Orleans cuisine.

No comments: